Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quilt With Ribbon?

So, I was at the fabric store the other day, and I'm really liking to sew, so it gets somewhat dangerous for me to go to the fabric store, because I want everything!!!! But I did find this black and white material that I just couldnt live another day without!! hehe! I immediately thought of making it into a quilt and tieing it with a cherry red ribbon! So, thats just what I did! I wasn't quite sure about the ribbon, if it would fade onto the fabric if I washed it, or if it would frey, so I took a piece of the ribbon and washed it to experiment, and it seemed just fine. I didn't have any quilting frames so I just laid out the material and tied it on the floor, which wasn't that bad actually. My mom has been wanting me to post the pics of my new quilt, and the one above was taken right when I got out of bed, so excuse the sleepy eyes! hehe!!
The only bad thing about making all these projects is I'm going to have to haul them all home :( I guess we'll just strap em to the top of the car!!!

2 comments:

Logan and Stevie Ipsen said...

JoAnn Fabrics has gotten about $400out of me in the last month alone! I'm not sure I like sewing that much, but I think I am good at it and I really like thinking of new ideas. I have made 8 baby rag quilts and a full-size levi quilt(for father's day) in the last couple weeks and think I might be starting to burn out. But at least everyone I know that is pregnant has gotten a special gift.

I love your quilt. The ribbon is a super cute idea!

Kara Kaufman said...

I am sooo impressed. You inspire me!