Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Where did 8 years go?  Happy Anniversary to my eternal companion and love of my life.  Its been the best 8 years of my life.  We've shared ups and downs, happy and sad, crazy and......more crazy and SO MUCH FUN! Looking back, everything that we've gone through, even the hard times have been a privilege!   Kade is my rock and I am his.  I feel we have, from day one, always played on the same team, and worked together.   I can't help but look back on our lives and especially each year on our anniversary, to see how far we've come.  I knew I loved Kade when I married him....but sometimes that love is indescribable now. 
I remember when we started out, we lived in a little two bedroom apartment (owned by Kade's brother) with brown carpet.  I remember cooking meals in that little place and shopping at garage sales to find some furniture to fix the place up nice.  I remember getting free couches from Cherish's friend Jill(which we still have, now in our basement and still very much appreciate). I also remember having a BBQ with Kade on the back steps of our apartment with our little charcoal BBQ that I think we got for our wedding! And I remember getting roses at that same doorstep.....I followed the pedals and they led me to the bouquet!  That's were we started our little family, just the two of us.  Sometimes, we live in the moment, but we don't realize how good the moments are until they're in the past!   I look back on those days and they are such wonderful memories for me!   We've always made wherever we are, our HOME.
We then moved to Orem and bought our first home(townhome) together!  It was awesome!  I remember going from our 2 bedroom apartment with one bathroom, to a 3 bedroom townhome with 1 1/2 baths felt like I had just moved into a mansion!  That place was so fun! We met so many wonderful people, who are still our friends to this day.  We had so many fun times there.  I remember, Christmases there, where I got my beautiful picture of the Savior.  And our Charlie Brown Christmas tree that the needles all fell off of!  I remember having our townhome friends over for fun dinners, and Christmas parties!  I remember Kade carrying me up the stairs to put me to bed, OFTEN because I fall asleep during movies!     I remember game nights of canasta and nertz.....always winning canasta and always losing at nertz!  I remember going over to the Orem park and laying a blanket out to play games, pretty much every Sunday during the summer.  I remember going to the temple often with Kade cause we lived 15 minutes from Provo and 20 from Timp.  So many wonderful memories, and again, we made it our HOME.
After Orem, we moved to good ol Fairview!  With exceptions of summer sales, in which we move to different locations during the summer months, which have been Arkansas, Hawaii, California, Texas, and now South Carolina.  All of which we have absolutely loved and have had many wonderful experiences!  We both knew that we wanted to be back in Sanpete county and we finally made it!  We bought our home there in Fairview and I remember the day we moved our stuff in.  Brandon was there to help us unload our borrowed snowmobile trailer full of stuff!  We had to remodel a lot!  So after we moved our stuff in, we set up for remodel mode for about 30 days!  WHEW!  It was such a long time....but I sure had fun knocking out a wall with a crowbar!  This is where some of our fondest memories have happened.  This is where Kade gave me my beautiful Shilo puppy who I just adore!  This is where we have worked along side each other on the basement, and yard to make this house our HOME. This is where pranks happen.....where I pour cold water on Kade in the shower and he holds me down and tickles me as I yell, "STOP" and he says, "You must like it, your laughing!"  This is where we have 'slide across the hardwood floor' contests in our soft socks to see who goes the furthest.   This is where my brother moved in with us, whom I love with all my heart, and many talks and tears were shared with him.  This is also where I learned that I could love someone elses kids as if they were my own.    Hopefully its HOME for.....ever! 
One of our greatest treasures has been,  being able to attend the temple once a week, wherever possible.  This has brought the spirit of our Father In Heaven, into our home.  The temple has always been one of the highest priorities in our lives and we have felt the blessings because of it.   We truly love our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ.
We look forward to the day that we will be blessed with children.  This has been something that has not come easy for us and though we have tried for many years now, we know that we will be blessed with children some day, whatever the circumstances may be.  That is something that we very much look forward to, something that we know will add blessings to our lives. 
It has been a wonderful ride!  A wonderful 8 years!  I look forward to the next 8 and more!  I LOVE you Kade!  Thank you for making my life so happy!   Happy Anniversary!
 

1 comment:

Olivers said...

Congratulations Ciara! That is Amazing, and SO Beautiful. I am so happy for you and Kade. Love you!