Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Downtown Charleston

 Well we went out and visited downtown Charleston and it was super pretty.  Its a very old city, lots and lots of old cool buildings and cobblestone/brick streets.  I loved it.  I'll keep everything brief since I have so many pics!
 This was at the harbor, by Fort Sumter
 There was a park next to the harbor so it all kinda led together I guess you could say. 
 I loved the walk-way along the ocean front, very cool.
 Pineapple water fountain, this one is for you Psych lovers out there :)
 Part of Rainbow Row downtown.
 Water fountain in the middle of the park/harbor/city
 Jared ran through the water fountains so I thought I would give it a try! It started kinda sprikling rain on us anyways :)
 Pink Mansion
 Another mansion, I LOVE these houses so much!  I think they are so cool, and I love how all of them have decks on the roof.  They are on the ocean front so that would be a fun little BBQ with a view up there on the roof top if that were my house!
 There were lots of horse carriages all over the city.  They do carriage rides every 20 minutes to take people around town and tell them all about the history of Charleston.  Kinda gives you that old origianl feel of the town.  The horse shoes were cool.  That was one of the first things I noticed about the horses, because I know how "slippery" asphalt and metal are together, well these shoes have a big layer of rubber on the bottom to keep the horses from slipping....genius!
 Civil war cannon balls.  Jared kept making me laugh..........
 Along the Battery road front.  There were so many people running with their dogs along here and it made me miss Shilo.  She would have loved seeing all the other dogs!
 This was a little bed and breakfast place that I would love to go inside sometime!  I love the yard!
 This was the main statue in the park, it was a monument to pay tribute to the "Confederate Defenders" of Charleston.
And this was in the park by the Battery.  Fun trip downtown.  I can't wait to go back and see all the little booths to shop in on the famous Market Street.  The vendors come in and set up all their fun stuff for the tourists that come in from the cruise ships, but we didn't have time to go see any of it..... guess we'll have to go back!

No comments: