Monday, May 6, 2013

The Old Angel Oak Tree

 Well, we're at it again!  In the pouring rain!  On Sunday, we went to church.....I LOVED CHURCH! All Sundays are good, but we all know that we have our favorite Sundays when the lessons are ALL so good and we get that yummy spiritual feeding that we need :)  That was how Sunday was for me, just loved it. After church, we checked the weather and it said, 2:00  80% chance of rain, 3:00  90% chance of rain, 4:00 and later 100% chance of rain......hmm.  I really wanted to go exploring but Kade thought we would for sure get drenched, but he was a sport and took me out anyway :) 
 Its been really rainy and cloudy here pretty much ever since we got here, with a few good days in between but all the locals keep reassuring us that it DOESN'T LAST.....but I'm beginning to wonder.  We decided to venture out to the old Angel Oak tree, believed to be 3-400 years old.   It was SO cool!  The branches are so big and long that some of them decided it would be easier to just grow on top of the ground like roots instead of up into the air.  It was a really cool tree.  The rain was just sprinkling when we left and even when we got to the tree it wasn't TOO bad, but as we were there longer and longer, the rain started to get heavier and heavier.....
 Kade has become very prepared with good "knocking equipment" out here in this weather, so he has his rain coat always in the car and an umbrella, which worked out nicely for both of us and my camera.
 View of all the tree

 Its hard to explain how big it is until you just see it.  I just grows everywhere.


 Since the rain started getting so bad we decided that we would just go hang out at the apartment and have a nap and watch a movie (Robin Hood-cartoon version).  (Pic of apartment NOT taken on our rainy day hehe)  On our drive home, we had to go about 50mph on the freeway because of the rain.  I saw the rain a lot worse in Arkansas when we lived there but it was pretty bad, and it didn't let up ALL DAY.  Guess the weather man was right yesterday:)  When we got home, Kade made me sour dough pancakes with fresh fruit, and we took a long nap, and then we watched our movie and invited friends over.  It ended up being a really fun "indoor" day!  And I thought I would include pics of our apt inside and out, since I take them every year just to remember where we lived.  We were lucky enough to get our apartments from day 1 and it sounds like we will pretty much be saying here until the end of July which will be nice, cause I'm not a huge fan of moving, and since I'm on the 3rd floor.....I have to hike up and down stairs A LOT anyway.  I decided to figure out how many stairs I climbed one day just running back and forth from my apartment to the office and it was over 300 stairs, and that's only counting going UP the stairs!Maybe I'll be ready for hunting season when we go home!!!!!


 I'm so grateful that Vivint doesn't scrimp on our furniture, it makes the stay so much nicer.  We've always been really happy with our furniture-Thankyou VIVINT :) 

 

 This is the view from our deck.  At least since we have to hike all the stairs, we get to have a view.....its worth it.   There are a few geese that hang around here and they just had gooselings?  Is that what you call them?  hehe Anyways, they are so cute, little yellow and black ones.  Sometimes I watch them from the deck. 

No comments: