Monday, May 20, 2013

Old Sheldon Church Ruins

 On Sunday, we went and saw this old beautiful place.  Its the Old Sheldon Church Ruins.  I actually saw this picture on a calendar out here and wondered where it was and it ended up being not very far from us, so we decided to pay it a visit.  There was actually a bride getting her bridal pictures done while we were here.  Its a pretty popular picture spot, which doesn't surprise me!
 This church was built back in 1751 and is the original structure.  It was burned during a raid by General Augustine Prevost during the last  parts of the Civil War.
 These little frogs hop EVERYWHERE underneath your feet.  I just had to not look down because I wouldn't be able to walk in the grass without stepping on one! :(  Yuck!
 Kade being a monkey.....
 Both of us being monkeys........
 Such a pretty place!  I think new family pics here would be awesome!
 You can see the bride off to the left of my pic. 
 Love these in black and white. 
If only walls could talk.....We could learn so much! There would be many stories told about this place I'm sure!  I love history!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

We leave in the morning! Im sooooo excited to come out. SC looks really cool from all the pictures you've posted. That does look like a perfect family picture spot. :))