Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More Adventures at Home :)

 Well, now I'm in Texas, really close to the Mexican boarder.......yikes! But I am so glad to be here with Kade! I have missed him so much!  We have been apart for a month!.....TOO LONG! I flew from SLC to Dallas, TX and then connected and went to Corpus Christi, and then Kade came and picked me up!  He texted me as I was waiting to get my luggage and said that he was just outside the doors of the airport.  I went outside when I got my bag and looked around and saw him down the sidewalk a ways.  He was just smiling at me!  I felt like I hadn't seen him forever and it has only been a month! For me that was a long time.  I feel bad for wives that have husbands who are away from them :(  I gave Kade a big, long hug and a nice big kiss....and it felt good! :) I love that boy so much!

 Well now that I'm here I thought I would catch up a bit on some pics that I took during the later part of while I was at home.  The above picture is of my nephew Carson standing by the pond at our family cabin.  He's so funny.  My brother and I and his kids took a drive up the mountain one day to fill up some water jugs at the spring, and we just hung out at the cabin for a few hours.  I took Shilo and she LOVED the water.....of course!
 Such a pretty place!
 Another angle
 I really love mountain flowers, well, I love any flowers, but theres just something about the wild ones on the mountain that are so pretty. 
 My other nephew Trevy
 I caught a really funny picture of Shilo running to me. She's crazy! She kinda looks like a scarey wolf!
 We took a drive up over from the cabin to see the damage of the Seeley fire.  It was sad.  There is a lot of just dead, burnt, mountain land now.....:( And a ton of flash flooding has happended too.
 This was at Benchs pond.  The sky was beautiful!  And all the rain has made the mountain so green! I love it!  We let Shilo out to run with Trevy and Carson while they rode their bikes down to benchs pond from the oil highway.  She actually didn't make it all the way before she wanted to get back in the truck because she was so tired.  She had played so much in the pond that when they wanted to ride bikes, she was excited to run along with them but just couldn't last the whole way :)
 Another scenic pic of around the cabin
 My dad and I got to ride a few times while I was home and it was a lot of fun.  My brother happend to stop down one day and I told him that he needed to ride smoke to see if he liked him :)  This picture was BEFORE Smoke threw me off!....yep, thats right, he threw me off one day, because he was wanting to be back by our mare(that was penned up and going crazy from being separted from him).  So he started crow hopping, and freaking out.  He got me off the side, and I got hung up in the stirrup with my spur.  When I finally came loose, Smoke stepped right on my hand and took off.  I had blood all over my hand and didn't know if it was broken.  But I didn't care about my hand.....I WAS SO MAD!  I walked back to the round corral (which was where Smoke was....by the mare).  I walked right up to him, led him in the round corral, and made him RUN and RUN and RUN somemore!  And then, when he wanted to stop, I made him KEEP running until he was dripping with sweat!  And then...........I got on him and ran him somemore :)  I don't think he will be acting like that again!  After I tuned him up :) we went home and cleaned out my hand.  I have had it X-rayed and it is not broken! Thank goodness!....because it is my right hand, and I sorta need that....A LOT! hehe  Its just really sore, but I am able to use it a lot more now! I even cut some hair two days ago and it was ok.  I just can't unscrew lids,  or twist things very easy.
 All of us girls (except Amy and Kylee) went out to lunch and had a girls day.  It was a lot of fun.  We ate at Jason's Deli, which is really yummy. It has a lot of natural and organic choices......just my kind food! YUM YUM!  It was fun hanging out and I got to see my cute little nephew again too.  He is such a chunk! I love chunky babies :)
I love my Shilo dog! She's been a great little buddy to have around while I've been home. But I'm not worried about her now since I will only be gone 4 weeks, she is in very good hands, with Gus and then when Bo takes her. Bo said he is going to take her hunting fox's, which she will LOVE.....I hope she still wants me as her owner when I come home! haha!
 I got to hang out with my fun little buddy CASSIDY!  She's so much fun to be with!  We were in good earth so I could get some snacks. 
 I got to go to the temple with my mom.  It has been a while since just me and my mom went, and it was so nice.  I love that my mom and I have been able to hang out a lot.   The day started out kinda rainy but ended up like this....beautiful.
I love the new reflection pool that they have built down at the temple! It is so pretty!
 This is my hand on day 3 after Smoke stepped on it! Dang horse!  It did get a little more puffy than this, but it is doing really good now!
I let Shilo ride up front in the truck with me if she is clean and if I have a towel for her to lay on.  I love this picture.  She was sleeping and had just woke up.  What a cute dog I have! :) 

No comments: