Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This and That

 I met a really neat friend out here, her name is Rakel.  She is one of the wives out here in the office.  We have a lot in common, and when I say in common, I mean we are both going through the exact same experiences in our lives right now, pretty cool.  So we have hung out quite a bit since I've been here.  We went shopping the other day together and we went to the pool and we went and visited this Bird Sanctuary place.  It was pretty much the ONLY thing to do, besides shopping, or driving an hour to the beach, so we thought we would check it out.  It was a really neat place! Very unique.  I guess people hold weddings here and they happened to be setting up for one as we were there, but they assured us that we would not be in anyones way.  We walked through the gardens......but there weren't any live birds! HMMM.....a bird sanctuary that doesn't have any BIRDS???  Interesting :)  But it was still really cool! Still fun to see something new. 
 Outside the bird sanctuary.  There was a 1/2 mile trail that went all around the sanctuary so you could see the different (statues) of the creatures that roam the land around here.  So we walked the trail and it was......HOT! Too hot!
 There was a lot of nature things to see, but no birds! So funny to me!
 Kade and I have been having a lot of fun lately living the hotel life.  Sometimes we start to go a bit crazy!  We've had a lot of crazy moments......hmmm, that's unusual! :)  Its fun to see him make faces through the peep hole when he gets home.  We even have a code knock so that I know its him before I get to the door.  I try to have dinner ready for him right when he gets home because its always so late anyway......and I think he likes that.....judging from the picture above! 

We have this bathroom door that does NOT lock no matter how hard you try, it just won't lock.  And sometimes you think you have locked it, but NOPE its not locked! haha!  So there have been some funny instances with this bathroom door! A lot actually!   LOL  One day  I snuck in on Kade to scare him when he was in the shower........and I was SUCCESSFUL!.....he was very scared! :)
We all live in the same complex of extended stay units so we are all really close, which I love!  And  Aaron and I play Uno at LEAST once a day...haha! Yesterday, I beat him 6 times in a row and he had to play until he at least won once, and he finally won, and then acted as if he was the champion of the world! hmmmmmmm :)
My next door neighbor is one of the guys in our office out here and his wife went home, so he has the dog still.  I told him I could watch her for him cause she just sits in the hotel room by herself so I thought, we could keep each other company.  It only took her about 30 minutes and she felt right at home! haha! She jumped right up on my lap and snuggled up while I was on the computer (right now)! Funny dog!


1 comment:

The Churchs said...

Thats so funny you guys have a code knock! So do we! Cause our hotel is the kind where when you walk out the door its outside so if I look in the peephole now its too dark to see a face! Im glad you have a fun girl out there to spend time with!! 2.5 weeks till we see you!!!!!