Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

On memorial day, we were in Moroni with my parents. We went to a small memorial service that the town has every year on memorial day. They have the old war vets shoot their guns after they have posted the colors. And they have a boy scout play the trumpet (taps). It is a very neat little service. I know we all reflect on the memories of our loved ones. I think of my grandparents and what great people they were. I also think of our millitary men and women who are serving our country, giving their lives for the freedoms that we enjoy. I always reflect on my fathers service that he gave in Vietnam. Nobody will ever understand what those men go through as they are away from their families seeing the things that go on in a war zone. It is a life changing experience. My dad has always said "I would'nt take $40 million for the experiences that I've had but I would'nt give 40 cents to do it again!!" They have seen a lot of things and been through a lot of experiences. So if you ever see someone you know who has served our country, or an old war vet, tell them thanks again for what they've done!!!

Happy (belated) Memorial Day to all of our loved ones who have passed on and who are here with us now!!!!! We love you!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have had a fun weekend! Why didn't you stop in St. George on your way to Vegas? Maybe next time! Hope everything is going well.

Janille

Ben and Darci said...

Hey guys. Yes, Ben has a way of showing his "deep down inside" emotions through his facial expressions. Looks like you guys had a BLAST in Vegas. I haven't commented until now because I have needed some time to get over my jealousy. Can't wait to hear more about it in person, especially the proposal!!! Nice memorial day post... you are very thoughful!

Tricia said...

So I've been sick and haven't checked blogs for a while and I didn't read your Vegas post until I had already seen the picture of Sam and Stacia and her ring! YEAHHH!!! That's so exciting!!! So have they picked a date yet? You'll have to tell them congrats for us! And I'm so glad you guys had a fun Memorial Day and a fun trip down south. Looks like it was a blast! Hope you all are doing well! We miss you guys! :)