Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

First off.........Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there-(a little late hehe). Mothers Day weekend was very nice for us, except for Kade and I were apart till Sat. evening. So I kicked off the weekend (Thurs) with a tour of the Gunnison prison. Two of my brothers work there and they have tours for the family members. It was a very interesting experience. It sure makes you appreciate your freedom. Then Friday I had a really nice mothers day dinner with my lovely inlaws (the women). And Sat. night I went to a mothers and daughters banquet with the gals on my side of the family. There were pictures taken of all these events but not with my camera!!! So I will have to get the pictures and hopefully post them within a decent time frame:) Meanwhile Kade went on a fishing trip with two of his high school buddies, to Flaming Gorge. Even though we were apart, the picture above, makes everything all worth it!!! I just love that picture because he is having a BLAST reeling in that giant fish!! He LOVES to fish and hunt. So he was in heaven:) He caught two fish. One was a 41 incher and the other was a 38 incher! I told him he should've kept one of them but I think it was to big to fit in our cooler!!
This is one of two fish that Kade caught at Flaming Gorge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE ONE BIG COOLER TO FIT THAT IN. It could have been your year supply of fish! I'm glad you both had a good weekend.

STEPHANIE said...

That's a huge fish! Did you get Reader to work?

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That thing is HUGE!! LOL....I love the look on kades face...he was totally lovin it! hehe:)

Meags said...

DANG! That is a SWEET fish! Way to go Kade! Jord saw it and yelled "YEAH! I can't wait to go fishing with him!" We miss you!!!!!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

Oh my heck! I don't think I have ever seen anyone catch a fish that big! You're amazing Kade! You guys can come over and visit any time and see the baby. We would love to see you guys!

Tricia said...

I can't believe how big that fish is!! I'm glad Kade had a good trip. I still need to get Gordon down there to do some camping. After the baby comes and weather permits, we should totally plan a camping trip down south. Maybe Kade can get Gordon hooked on fishing too... :)

Anonymous said...

HI Ciara!

Holy crappers that is one honkin' fish!!! I bet Kade was thrilled!! That looked like such a fun weekend. How are things goin? Hope everything is going great for you! talk to you again soon!

<3 Julia

Ben and Darci said...

I think the picture is a fake! I bet you photo shopped that fish into Kade's arms! Just kidding. That fish would have made some great fish tacos.

Rob & Autum said...

Hey Ciara...I found your blog through someone else's blog. I hope you don't care. I loved to look at all your fun pictures. You and Kade look so happy together and make a cute couple!
Autum