Thursday, January 10, 2008

This Christmas was my most favorite Christmas ever!! I was so excited because I made my dad a video of his pictures from when he served in Vietnam. He absolutely loved it! It was so hard to not talk about the video during December because that's all I was focusing my time on, but somehow I did it. My mom knew about it because she had to help me get the time line right. But she got a surprise too!! For her, I took her old reel (the one in the picture taped to the CD) that my dad had given her of him talking from Vietnam,and had it transferred onto a CD so she could hear what it said. She has only heard it once in her lifetime and that is when he sent it to her, because they did not have the machine to play it-her aunt did. So she had to take the reel up to her Aunt's house and have it played. Its been 40 years since she has heard what it says. It was so neat to hear my dads voice. He sounded the same only younger. You could hear the helicopters flying over in the recording. Pretty crazy!
Ive got great parents and I'm so thankful for their dedication to our country. We are all very patriotic and I know its because of his experiences.

No comments: