Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Driving to Cali!

Well, another summer has begun! We were excited when we found out that we would be going to California for the summer, and more excited when it was the north part! We are looking forward to having many fun experiences out here. On our drive, we went through a forest that really reminded us of the Boulder Mountain back home. The terrain looked very similar, so Kade has to pull out the John Denver music as we drive through this forest! Its a family tradition to listen to John Denver when your at the Boulder, or I should say it starts, "at the turn to go to the Boulder". It was fun singing along and enjoying the beautiful scenery. After we passed Redding, there was a mountain pass that we went through that was Stunning! It was so beautiful, but Kade and I wondered if it would ever end! It took so long to drive through it! litterally a few hours it seemed! The mountains were so pretty that I made Kade stop so I could grab a few pics.
So happy..........lol
I love these trees that have moss growing all over them! I think they look so cool! I love the look of the area out here. I love how tropical and green it is, but yet how mountainous it looks! Kade was reading about the area, and he said that he read were you may be able to see elk down by the ocean shore. I thought that would be a awesome sight to see! Hopefully that happens:)
We finally made it to our destination in about 13 1/2 hours! I can't wait to go see the ocean, I have missed it from living in Hawaii!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That looks really beautiful. I can't wait to come out and see it myself. I love that someone else loves John Denver too! I always listen to him when we are driving back from somewhere for the summer. As soon as we hit some UT mountains "Take Me Home, Country Road" gets blasted! We'll see ya in a few weeks!