Monday, April 16, 2012

Adventures at Trinidad!

Well, this past Sunday we had our first adventure! I love seeing new places! We decided that Trinidad (about 15 min from or house) looked pretty fun, so we decided to go there first. It was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it! The above pic is of a park that overlooks the ocean that has picnick tables to eat and just hang out.


There was this fun little bench that someone had made so that you can sit and enjoy the views, so I decided I wanted to sit and enjoy myself! hehe

I love all these flowers that greet you as you get out of your car. They grow right in the sand on the beach!
These were the biggest.......or I should say fattest surprises of the day! Kade and I were walking along the beach and we were so excited to see all the star fish that we didn't even notice the sea lions staring us right in the face! Holy Cow! I looked up and said,"Kade Kade Kade, there are sea lions!!!!!!" and he said, "Where" and I said, "Right in front of us, starings us in the eyes!" and he said, "OH!" haha!
They were just laying around, enjoying their Sunday as most of us do on Sundays! LOL

Call me crazy but I think they have the cutest faces! I've always loved white sea lions! I love the really white ones......maybe its because they look kinda like a white lab puppy????:)
We saw LOTS of star fish! Which was cool for us cause we didn't see to many of them in Hawaii.
Lots of ColorS!
We loved this big rock that came up out of the sand, kinda neat.


Our long staircase that led to the beach
Trinidad, view looking south.

2 comments:

Kailee Joy said...

It's beautiful. I am begging Chris to go!
I have to agree with you, I think Sea Lions have the cutest faces! and those star fish are beautiful, I've never seen so many colors.
Looks like a beautiful beach, hope you guys are enjoying yourselves.

Nancy said...

I think I'm in love with this place just from your pictures. I can't wait to come up. Is it awful that I secretly hope they'll stay in Eureka a bit longer so I can enjoy the scenery a bit more?!? I was gonna see too if you would want to do another family picture swap like we did in Hawaii? I don't know if I can pass up the scenery like I'm seeing on your blog as backdrops in some photos.