Monday, June 13, 2011

Horse Riding in Hawaii!

I feel so lucky to get to ride horses in Hawaii! It reminds me of home and its such a nice feeling!! I miss my horses so much and this helps feed that need LOL :) So how this all started was, I met this awesome friend (Marlo) through one of the guys in our office. He knocked on her door and she bought a security system from him. Kade came to pick him up for the night, because they were finished working, and Marlo invited Kade into her home to have a bite to eat with the other guy. They got talking and Kade noticed her horse outside and asked about it. He told her that I LOVE horses and grew up with them, and she told him to have me call her! So I called her and we are now training her new horse together. She was into horses for a long time and then got out of it for a while and now is back into it. Marlo knows a lot of people at the equiestrian center, which is kinda by her house, and so she took me there and introduced me to a bunch of her friends. Her friends invited us to come ride their horses the next day. Kade and I went over there the next day and I had a blast!!! It was seriously so much fun for me! The owner of the horse's name is Jeffery, and he told me that I could have the horse for the summer, if I would come and ride him! He even told me to change its name if I wanted to!!! haha! Such a cool experience! So it looks like I get to ride horses all summer!!! :) So HAPPY!!!!







At the equestrian center they spray their horses down after riding them, once they've cooled down. The weather is always nice here so they can do that! I wish that we had nice enough weather all year round so that we could do that to! I seriously love this horse though! He is so fun to ride and so fun to be around!



This is a race track at the equestrian center! Such a beautiful sight! I wish I could just transplant this whole facility right to my back yard! LOVE IT! I feel so lucky to have this opportunity!



5 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

Yay for you!!! Riding horses....in Hawaii. I think I'm developing feelings of envy. Miss ya!

Tricia said...

You look like such a pro! Oh wait, that's because you ARE! :) I'm so glad the horses found you here! Looks like it was a blast!

Logan and Stevie Ipsen said...

I am totally jealous! I seriously need to find somewhere to ride horses in California. I am packing sponsor flags at the NFR in December and my butt is going to be oh so sore if I don't get used to riding again!

AmbertheGreat said...

that is so awesome!!! I am so jealous of all the fun experiences you are having.

Love is all you need said...

How are things going out there? I love living vicariously through your blog :) Looks like everything Hawaii should be!