Monday, June 22, 2009

The Boulder Mountain!!!!!! Wahoo!

This past week Kade and I were able to take a week long vacation down to the Boulder Mountain. It was wonderful! I have so many pictures, so I thought I would post the scenic ones first that I took. I will post more later. Kade's family always goes to the boulder in June. Its kind of their family reunion sort of thing. Its Kade's immediate family that goes. And boy do we have fun! We arrived on Sunday evening and stayed till Saturday afternoon. Monday, we went fly fishing to lower bowns lake where Kade tought me how to cast the fly reel pretty good. The beaches are so beautiful! Tuesday we went fishing to upper bowns lake in our float tubes, I sure love the float tubes! Wednesday we hiked into calf creek falls, very beautiful! Thursday it rained, so I was able to hang out with Edward(twilight) in my tent all day long! I have't started the series because "Im not reading these stupid books"...........hmmm, well.........Im sort of hooked now! hehe! So I really didn't mind the rain on Thursday at all! Then on Friday, it was great weather so the whole family went and played danish ball. That was a good time too. And ofcourse all of the fun campfire stories are great. Oh....hehe, one of the nights, Kade and I were in Cody and Shannons trailer with them playing a game, while the rest of the family where singing outside around the campfire. Well they were our radio station......we would stick our head out the door and put in a request.....and they would sing it.....everytime! It was great! :) The Church's are always a hoot!
This was Calf Creek Falls! Absolutely Amazing! I didn't want to leave!

Another angle of Calf Creek.


The cactus blossoms were breath taking also.



This is lower bowns lake! The fly fishing was great and the view was awesome. And so was drawing pictures in the sand! I will post some more pics of the Boulder Mountain trip soon!





9 comments:

Sam and Stacia said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! We need to start a Cook immediate family reunion tradition :)

Tiffany said...

Hey you guys, these pictures are AMAZING!!! I need you to take pictures of Josh and I! I would LOVE for you to check out our blog too so send me your email! I sure LoVE you guys!

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

OH MY. Ciara- that last picture is like, "WHOA." Wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!! And the other beach one with Kade is so cool!! And the waterfall ones are so pretty! I love all the colors- my favorite one of the two is the one without the flowers and with the tree sticking out from the side! I. LOVE. THESE PICTURES!!! :)

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

(but my favorite one of them all is that beach one- I'm just a major fan of beach pics!!)

Stacy and Justin said...

Those are some amazing and beautiful pictures!

Kailee Joy said...

Beautiful pictures. Looks like a lot of fun... Chris and I need to get out more.. oh, wait I mean, Kael and I need to get out with Chris more!:)

Kate said...

Great pictures Ciara, you are very talented! Sounds like you guys had a good time with your family. It was fun going on a bike ride with you yesterday!

Ben and Darci said...

Ciara, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Those pictures belong on postcards. Once again, you guys went and had fun. Will you stop always having fun?!? I was working Sunday night, but you are right I AM proud of MALIA for demonstrating her love for you through puke. You and Kade should probably just not wear shirts when you hold Malia.

Syme Family said...

Hey Ciara, I don't know if you remember me but I am Janille's little sister Tonya. I love your pictures. We moved to Loa a year ago so I am getting to know the Boulder Mountain really well. It is so pretty. I love to go float tubing too it is so fun.
Looks like you guys had a fun week.