Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grandpa Cook's Funeral

Grandpa Cook passed away last Wed. He is my dad's father. He was a great man! He has so much family who loved him! It was a beautiful day, and it was so nice to see all of my family and extended family. You can't help but feel all the love that people show when something like this happens. It really brings you close together. The funeral services were so nice. Everyone who spoke and took part did so well. You could really feel the spirit. I love all of the flower arrangements that were given. My grandpa had sheep most of his life, so the flowers above have a little sheep camp wagon in them.

This was my grandpas cowboy hat.

My grandpa served in World War Two so this is the flower arrangement that my family got for him. I love the flags, I love red white and blue! I love what the flag stands for!



My immediate family. My siblings, and my mom and dad at the cemetary.



At the cemetary the American Legion presented my dad and my uncle with an American Flag that was draped on the casket, because they served in Vietnam. It was so neat to see, it just brings tears to my eyes. I love patiotism and I love this country. Lots of wonderful men have died defending this country!



We love you Grandpa! We will love you forever!

Mom and Dad.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciara, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a long wonderful life, and had a lot of family who loved him very much!! The flowers are beautiful.

Janille said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day! It is always hard to lose someone close! I love all the pictures!

Ben and Darci said...

I'm so glad you did this post. The pictures are great! I love the picture of the salute.