Monday, July 7, 2008

We Made The News!!!

Our 4th of July was one of the best ever for me!! As some of you know, I think I like the 4th of July better than Christmas!! Its just one of my favorite times of year because everyone is together and we are always doing something outdoors. And also I love to honor the vetrans, and watch the fireworks as we are all wrapped up in our blankets!! We truly live in the land of the free!! What a blessing!!! As you saw above, Our family MADE THE NEWS!! Pretty cool. If you go to http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3687731you can watch the news clip of us. The reason why we were on the news is because my grandpa Cook had his 100th great-grand child 6 weeks ago! He has 8 children, 41 grandchildren, and 100 great-grandchildren!!! So my cousin called KSL and they wanted to come down cause they liked our story! All of the great-grandkids are wearing T-shirts with thier name and their number (in the order that they were born) on them. Then they were put on a float that the family made for them to ride on. It was crazy to see all those kids with numbers on them clear to 100!! What an awesome experience that we will never forget! Im so greatful for my family and for the great leagacy that my grandparents have left for us!! They are a people who know the meaning of hard work!! And Im sure glad they passed those qualities on to their kids!! Im greatful to be a part of the Cook family!! We would like to express our love and apprieciation to Grandpa Cook for all that he has done and for his service in World War 2. He is a wonderful man and we love him so much!!!!! We would also like to recognize my father for his service in Vietnam as well!! (Above pictured is Kade and I, Grandpa Cook, My mom and dad) This is my dad and my brother(Josh) in Josh's car. Josh took his car through the parade for his business-autobody.
Another picture of the float with ALL THE KIDS!!!!

11 comments:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Ciara that is AMAZING that he has 100 great grandkids...WOW! Now I am going to have to go to ksl and see if I can find you on the news:) Looks like 4th of July was a hit for you guys & I will agree with you I think I love it more than Christmas too....that may just be because I am a pyro but ya know...LOL!!

Kate said...

This is awesome, what a neat memory for your family! Looks like you guys had a great 4th and are enjoying the summer!

STEPHANIE said...

That is so neat-what a great 4th of July for your family!

Ben and Darci said...

Lots of good pics Ciara. It really was a memorable year, wasn't it!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

WOW! That is REALLY neat Ciara! I bet you had a fun 4th!

Heather said...

Ciara that is an awesome story about your grandfather. I'm happy to see that someone possibly has a family bigger than mine. YOur family reunions must be a blast!

Stacey said...

Ciara,
That is so neat!! The Cook family is so great! That's awesome that you guys made the news! Your grandpa is such a neat man.

Anonymous said...

That is so fun! I love the news clip. I didn't realize that it was Lachelle's Easton that made 100. When my grandpa (Dee Hansen) from Ft. Green passed away in 2005 his count was 11 kids, 66 grandkids, and 102 great grandkids. I love big families!

Tricia said...

What a cool 4th. It's one of my favorite holidays as well! I was bummed I didn't get to see you while I was in town. We were over at our place a couple of times but never seemed to cross paths- except for at Home Depot! It was good seeing Kade and I'm glad you guys are doing well. That is such a cool float you guys had. 100 great-grandchildren is truly an accomplishment! :) We miss you guys and look forward to seeing you BOTH here in not too long!

JJ&K said...

I thought the float with all the kids was so fun. What a great legacy your family has!!! awesome!! Hey will you tell Sam hi for me? I saw his invitation at my Grandma Bailey's..i didn't realize he was getting married this month!

Wildings said...

Hey Ciara, it's Stacey. So I found your blog through Anthony and Amberlie's. We went to high school with Anthony. Small world! How are you guys, it's been forever! You guys need to come boating with us soon! Looks like your 4th was a blast. I love the 4th too!