Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Girls Camp-Oh YA BABY!!!!

So as some of you know, I was the camp director this year for our ward. We had a blast! Kade was able to come up with me the first day of camp because I roped him into fulfilling the required priesthood assignment:) It was so much fun to have him there for a little while. The girls loved him. Our theme this year was "Rock On". And of corse we had a fun rock concert, an did our rowdy stuff but the spiritual side of it was amazing!! Our Savior is our Rock!, Our Redeemer! And we need to be like our rock, steadfast and imovable! It was a great time, and it strengthened my testimony!
Getting ready for our rock concert! Gotta have the big hair!
This was the day of our hike and Dani loved the hike! She got to ride on the rhino and we all hiked along side her:) It was fun to have her there. This is all our girls except for two and I dont have pictures of them because they ended up coming the last night!! Which was a surprise!! We loved having them come too!! They added to our group!!!!
Out in the good ole canoe!! We all got pretty crazy on the water! We thought we were going to get tipped over-but thank goodness we didnt!
There is a story behind this picture! Its only one of about 25-30!! Stephanie and Kali stole my camera and took a ton of pictures of their faces-and to my surprise every face was completely different!! What some goofy girls!! I want all the young women to know how much I love each one of them!! They are amazing! Im so thankful that I got to know each of them better at girls camp!! It was awesome!! And they all made me have a blast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DANG! Looks like fun! I am glad to see the big hair and the funny faces. That is what makes camp - CAMP!!!

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

haha! I wish I could have seen your face when you found out that we did took all those pictures! It was funny cause we were in the cabin having a blast making faces when these girls from 1st ward walked in and we FREAKED OUT cause we thought it was you! I like hid the camera under my mom's blanket (we were sitting on her cot) and then realized you were still at that Leader Meeting thing! tehehe!

Jamie said...

You are such an awesome leader and example for the girls! I am glad you had fun.

AmbertheGreat said...

Camp was a BLAST! Thanks for coming and being a great leader - we had fun together! I need to get your pictures :)

Ben and Darci said...

Ciara, you are obviously a party animal! You seem sweet and calm in everyday life, but really you are just waiting for the opportunity to have BIG hair a be a rock star. Glad you got to live the dream!

Tricia said...

Too fun! Girls camp was seriously one of my faves and it looks like you all had a blast! They couldn't have chosen anyone better to be the camp director. Those girls were definitely one lucky bunch!

Kate said...

Looks like Girl's Camp was a blast! Love the rockstar pic and all the funny faces! I heard you did an awesome job and I can't wait to hear more about it when we get back!