Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bike Ride

I have really enjoyed being home.  I haven't had a chance yet to go up Fairview canyon, because of the fires and all the family stuff going on, so yesterday, I finally went.  I have really been wanting to break out my bike and ride it.  I have been wanting to ride from the highway down to our Cook family cabin for a while now, so I called my little buddy Cassidy and she happended to be free for the day and decided she wanted to join in!  We had a lot of fun!  I took Shilo and let her run along side our bikes when no cars were coming and she is FAST FAST FAST!  She kept right up with the bikes when we were going down big hills!  And she loves to run....and chase pot guts.....and chase deer!  She had a pretty darn good day! 
There are a lot of little streams along the way to the cabin, so we stopped at most of them to get Shilo a drink and let her cool off. 

I love this place! I have so many memories there, as do all of my cousins.  Its such a wonderful place to be!
Yes, Shilo is in this picture.  We rode to the spring by the lake to fill up my water bottle with yummy fresh mountain water!  Shilo just laid down at the bottom of the spring to cool off. haha!

Me and my buddy! :)  LOVE her!

Cass, with Miller's Flat reservoir in the background.
We stopped again to let her drink and cool off, and she just laid in the water while she drank. Crazy dog. 

We saw a lot of deer along the way.  They didn't seem to be to worried about us (that is, if Shilo was on her leash!).  We happend to see this cute little fawn with big white spots!  I love the spots and how little it is.  SO CUTE!  They just stood there and let me get the pictures that I wanted and slowly walked away.

Cass and Shilo by Miller's Flat.
Shilo was going nuts around this area, because I think she was smelling all the pot guts, and rodents in the grass.  She was running and sniffing and jumping through all the tall grass. 

I love how green the mountain is right now.  I feel like I miss a lot of that part during the summer, so I forget how green it gets.  I always just see the spring, fall and winter when there is pretty much no green at all.  It is BEAUTIFUL right now!

This was my view out my side mirror the whole way.  Shilo loves to hang out the back window and feel the breeze and see the scenery.
The sky was also really cool.  It was a perfect day, the wheather cooperated and was not too hot at all.  And the clouds would come and go.  I love being home. I'm surprised at how much it has rained since I've been home.  Truly a blessing for our area!!!! 
 I am excited to see Kade in a couple more weeks.  This stay turned into a longer stay than what I thought, and I had even decided that I would just stay here for good until he gets home, which we were both a little hesitant about, but that would have been 8 weeks apart, and I've now concluded that I can't be without him for that long!   So.....I will be flying back to Texas on the 31st of July!  We are so excited to see each other.  It will have been almost a month (excluding the day he was here) that we have been apart, the longest time apart yet!  I can't wait to give him a big smoooooch! :)  And I'm also excited to see another new place!  I love the new adventure in each summer.   

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You're leaving?! :( hee hee no I'm glad that you're going to go be with my brother. He needs you! :)

Rhonda said...

oops this isn't Rhonda, this is Lacey Lou haha