Monday, September 15, 2008

Just some thoughts

So today, Monday, I attended my cousins funeral. And what a beautiful service for him. It was a celebration of his life and his service to others. There were so many things that I learned about him that I never knew. It really makes you stop and think about how important family is to you. It makes you want to get together with family and extended family more often to make memories, because the memories are really what lasts. It makes you want to throw your arms around them and tell them how much you care! Life is to short to worry and stress about the little things. The gospel of Jesus Christ and our Families are the most important things we have. Im so thankful that I have the knowledge of the plan of salvation, that families can be together forever!! This life is just a stepping stone to where we will be someday! Im so thankful for ALL of my family, immediate and extended, and I love them all so much!

6 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Families and the gospel are the most important! Great post!

Marva said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. It is true. Life is short and families and the gospel are top priority.It's sad how easily we all seem to forget that.

Ben and Darci said...

I learned a lot about Heath too. I didn't really know him, but just going to his funeral made me want to be of more service to others. And just going to the funeral helped put things into perspective. I feel bad that it took a funeral to make me realize some things.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for the loss. The way you put things into perspective makes me envy you so much. Even though I already do. Your such a good person inside and out!!! Love yeah!!

Marva said...

Hey,to answer your question from my blog, a friend of mine named Tiffany took the pictures.It it the same picture I just changed it to black and white. It was in color with a sepia overlay.

JJ&K said...

You said it all so well...sorry about Heath. I just hope that your whole family can get through this together!!!