Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!

It was my Grandpa Cooks birthday party on Saturday. It was one of the funnest parties I've ever been too. It was a Hawiian Luau. All of my cousins were there, and there were NO KIDS!!! The kids were specifically not invited which was the greatest idea ever, it made all the cousins mingle and get rowdy!! What a blast!! We started off the night with some yummy dinner, and pina coloda smoothies!! Then we got right into the games!! There were a lot of games. I liked watching everyone do the limbo!! hehe!! Then after games they lit the candles and some fireworks and sang to my grandpa. We all had cake. Then the best part of all, was story time. My grandpas kids told memoies of grandpa that they had. Some stories were gut splitting and some were tear jerkers!! Im greatful for my family and for my grandpa!! Im blessed to have the great anchestors that I do. I love you grandpa, Happy Birthday!! And a special thanks to my Aunt Jewel for the great party!!!
The birthday cake! Thanks heavens for (the number candles!!) 89 candles would be a lot!!
My cousin Rachel-we go way back!! We were best buds in high school! I love her to death!
Mom and Dad with their lays on:) They had to match I guess!!
Whats a party without the fireworks:) Fun fun!!

7 comments:

Kailee Joy said...

89!! Whoa, good for him!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

What a cute grandpa...and 89 WOW!! What a fun time:)

Stacy and Justin said...

What a fun party! I can't believe that you know Steffani Dastrup, small world

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

P.S. Go to my blog...you have been TAGGED!

Stink-a-Tink said...

exciting on the birthdayi love birthdays!!! haha

Marva said...

Parties without kids are always great!!!Hehe Looked like fun times.Your photos are great!That would be a fun side job I think. My friend started doing it and was makin some good money really quick.

Sue Ann Salmon said...

Hi Ciara and Kade, looks like the party was lots of fun, I'm sad we had to miss it! Hopefully someday we'll be closer, but you guys should come visit while we're here in Chicago!! Take care, give Grandpa a huge for me next time you see him.